Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Planning a 60th!


My Father turns the big 60 this fall...and all he wanted was a small get together of close friends and family. I was put in charge of locating the perfect invitation! As I was on the hunt...I kept coming across dark and gloomy "over the hill" themed invites. I just wasn't feeling it! Then as I was surfing Etsy, I came across Live Creatively, Joy Liz Sage shop! She had this invite for personalization...


This is perfect! It's a little funny...cute..but definitely not depressing! I loved the bright orange too. So, I went ahead and ordered a few. Joy was incredibly easy to work with and I had proofs in my inbox within 24hours. She originally was going to email me a PDF file, but in the end her prices for printing were too good to pass up! She also created matching return address labels...yeah I couldn't pass them up either! The quality was definitely up to high standards! 

I recommend using Live Creatively and plan on using her again for future events! So click on over and check out her work!

We are having the party at our church social club. Yes, we have a bar...flat screen TV...the works at my church social hall. We plan on having appetizers and finger sandwiches along with a cake and cupcakes!  I came across these cupcake wraps..and I couldn't resist! 


You can find these over at That's A Wrap. It goes along with the construction theme! Just received them in the mail..Good quality!

Next, I came across these cookies..60 Speed Limit Sign!


These cookies were found over at i am baker. We might have cookies made just like this or put it on the cake. Regardless...I think its perfect!

Any other ideas?? Please share!

2 comments:

Shana said...

I LOVE working with Liz Sage!!! She is amazing!

If you're looking for amazing cookies....check out Lily-cakes on facebook. She can do ANYTHING!

JennyLee said...

What fun, cute ideas!