Saturday, December 12, 2009

Quick Getaway!

For the past month now..my Husband has been working insane hours! We only get to see each other 1-2 days at a time...then he is gone... He works about 2 hours north..and lives with other guys in the same situation. I knew his work was going to become demanding but I didn't realize it would be this hard! For example, he came home yesterday morning...and left this morning... it gets old so fast!

So, when my co-worker offered us two nights free at The Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale, Arizona! How could I say no? So, next weekend we will be having a quick get-away! I will have my Husband all to myself for more than 24hours!



When she sent me the link to the condo..I couldn't believe my eyes. It looks amazing! We have never traveled to Arizona and are excited to explore! We are extremely blessed to have been given this gift. The timing is perfect.


Has anyone been to Phoenix or Scottsdale? We would like to find some good restaurants and things to do!


7 comments:

Heidi said...

I've never been, but I hope you guys have a great weekend! You deserve it!

Laura said...

I've been to both, but don't really remember any place in particular. It's gorgeous there, though! Enjoy your time alone! :)

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

I went to Phoenix and some surrounding areas years ago- my aunt lives there. I remember I LOVED climbing Camelback mountain!!! Have so much fun!
-kjpugs

A Wedding Story said...

I kind of know what it's like to have the hubby work A LOT! Mine is gone for 4 days in a row when he works and it seems like forever! I hope that it gets better for you guys!

Mrs. G said...

I went to school in Tucson which is only an hour south of Phoenix...there is a FABULOUS mall in Scottsdale and so many good restaraunts. I'm sure many have changed since I was there, but have fun!

Vanessa said...

I just found your blog and I love it! I loved reading about your wedding plans and your wedding was stunning! I'm looking forward to following your married life adventures... have a wonderful time away together! I know how hard it is to be together for such short bursts - we've been through that too and it's frustrating. Enjoy the break! :)

She Likes To Travel said...

Hi Nicole - The Westin Kierland is right across the street from a great little pedestrian shopping mall that has great restaurants. Bobby's is fun with great food although a little expensive. Zinc Bistro is good food with a European flair. Ra has great sushi. And if you run out of places to go, you can cross over to the Promenade where you'll find places like Benihanas, Picazzo's Gourmet Pizza, and other little restaurants. You'll have a lot to do very close to where you are staying. Enjoy it!